Heathrow Airport Terminal 3 Information and Guides
Terminal 3 is airport terminal at Heathrow Airport UK
Heathrow is the busiest airport in United Kingdom and also the World’s largest two run way airport. Heathrow comprises of 5 airport terminals. Terminal 1 is closed now a days for expansion purpose. Other Terminals including Terminal 2, Terminal 3, Terminal 4, and Terminal 5 are serving simultaneously to large number of passengers daily.
Terminal 3 is mainly used by alliance of airline called Oneworld for international flights with some other airlines that not affiliated with this alliance.
Previously we have discussed the magnificent building of Terminal 5 at Heathrow airport.
A History review of Terminal 3 at Heathrow airport
It has started working for International flights mainly in the year 1961 on November 13.
First name of Terminal 3 was Oceanic terminal
At first Terminal 3 was given the name Oceanic terminal. It was renamed to Terminal 3 in the year 1968.
Expansion and Refurbishment increments of Terminal 3
- In 1970, an additional building for arrivals was built which expanded the terminal 3 area.
- Walkways that moves automatically, in short Moving Walkways was added at terminal which was the first of its kind in UK.
- Terminal 3 was made an improved Terminal as refurbishment was done in between the year 1987 to year 1990 with a cost of £110 million.
- The Super Jumbo pier was constructed to accommodate the Airbus A380 the Super jumbo airplane. The Emirates and Qantas airlines use terminal 3 for its flights of A380.
- In 2007, another major improvement was made in the terminal 3. Forecourt area of Terminal was expanded with addition of new and big pedestrianized plaza and a four lane drop off area.
Drop off area of Terminal is used for Valet parking or Business parking. Valet parking is the most convenient way to park your car at Terminal 3. Just drive in your car to the drop off area and parking provider’s driver will take your car from you there and park it in the parking area. Use our excellent form to book for Valet and Business Parking at lowest and cheapest rates.
Terminal 3 Airlines Destinations:
Terminal 3 is mainly use for international destination and it is the home of big airlines like American Airlines and British airways with some other famous airlines.
An immense count of 15.2 million passengers were travelled through Terminal 3 on 76,974 flights in the year 2015, this made terminal 3 the busiest after the terminal 5. Terminal 3 served the 20% of all Heathrow passengers.
Following is a list of airlines operating through Terminal 3 and name of their destinations.
American Airlines (AMR):
1-Charlotte-North Carolina USA
2-Chicago–O’Hare International Airport USA
3- Dallas/Fort Worth Texas USA
4-Los Angeles USA
6-New York–JFK USA
8-Raleigh/Durham North Carolina USA
Delta Air Lines
Middle East Airlines
Pakistan International Airlines